TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Hatachi Ultravision

The tv will not stay on. when I turn it on it will stay on for about 5 minutes then cut off. I will have to wait 10 to 30 minutes to be able to turn it back on. What can I do to fix. Thank you!

Ultravision name covers many, many models and many different technologies.  We need the model number of your tv to give you any useful information.  Can you send that in a followup question, please.

Most often the problem for these symptoms is a bad power supply circuit - but there are many other possible causes as well.

You could try a hard reset; it may help.  Sometimes clears up the problem.  Do this by unplugging the tv for at least 4 hours or overnight.  Then power it up again to see if it stays on.

Awaiting your follow up reply.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio