TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/mitsubishi hd 1080 WS-55809

I have a Mitsubishi HD 1080 WS-55809 projection TV. I recently moved it into another room and now all I get is static.  Every time I turn it on I have to reset the cable channels.  It won't store them.  After I reprogram it to store the channels, it may work for 15 minutes to an hour then it goes back to static.  This was given to me by a friend so I don't have the manual.  Any suggestions?

I would have to make a wild guess on this one.

My thought is the connection from the cable line to the tv is not making good contact.  Try wiggling the cable, reinsert the plug at each end of the cable to wall and cable to tv.  Maybe that will improve the situation.

You can download the owners manual freely at the site below:

You can also download the service manual and schematics freely if you google "WS-55809 service manual" or similar.  Service manual is usually a $30 to $50 purchase.

Hope this will help. Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio