TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/RCA Model P46810LV Rear Projection TV

Question
Working great last night ,but won't power on today,when you push power on button hear a noise that sounds like it is coming from the speaker. Chassis # PTK195AA any suggestions? does it have a fuse?

Answer
The set is getting old.  There are many forum comments online which indicate this model is quite laden with reliability problems.

While the most common problem in cases such  as yours is failure of the power supply circuits there are other causes such as deflection amplifiers and convergence chip failures.

I think testing by a competent technician is necessary to identify for certain what has failed.

Wish I had some more clear recommendations for you.

PS: The fact the noise seems to be coming out of the speaker indicates more than not a power supply problem.  If you are technologically blessed you would want to check the rectifier diodes and the electrolytics in the ripple reducer section.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan