TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sony Color Rear Video Projector

Question
I have a Sony Color Rear Video Projector, Model # KP-46wt510. It was manufactured in December 2003.

When I turn the TV on, the whole screen is red for a couple of seconds then it becomes blank, and the timer/standby light blinks eight (8) times then off, then repeat the blinking cycle.

What is wrong and how to repair it?

Answer
Sorry to give you bad news.  Eight blinks is associated with failure of the high voltage.

The loss  of high voltage can be due to a flyback transformer going/gone bad and/or the horizontal deflection amplifier failure.

Cost of repair is quite steep; about $300 if done by a competent repair shop.  Much less if you can DIY - but it requires good tv electronics skill to do the job in my opinion.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan