TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sony Trinitron KV-3400 DV2

My sony tv has a series of horizontal lines running across it.  I can view a picture only if I use "split" and then I see 2 pictures side by side.  Any idea what could cause this?  I have already tried to disconnect the power for over 4 hours and wacking on the set.  Neither works.  Help

Has it always done this? Or, is it a recent change in its conditional quality?  Or, did you recently acquire it?

It is a very strange set having many television standards built in to its electronic circuitry.

For example, it supports PAL, SECAM and old/new NTSC systems and standards B/G, H, I D/K and M.  

What it means is that different standard tv signals may not play properly when not on the right setting or from an unsupported tv system or standard.

So, my first suggestion is to have you go through the owners manual (which you can download from the Internet) and check out the various settings for your tv system used in Israel.  Maybe this will cure the problem you are facing.

Then, let me know if you have further questions.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio