TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Stuck

Question
Phono Female
Phono Female  

Phono Male
Phono Male  
Hi, I had a 3.5mm AUX Audio Jack to 2 RCA Phono converter cable. I had it plugged into my speaker via the Phono ports and it became snapped off. The male part of the phono cable is stuck inside the port which means I cannot play music through that port any more.
- Nothing is extruding from the hole, so I cannot get pliers onto it.
- I have tried taking the speaker apart but I can't get around the back of the phono port without soldering the part away from the circuit board. I do not own a soldering iron.
- I have also tried screwing a screw into the male port so that it would extend to where I could get a pair of pliers onto it, however I couldn't get the screw to screw in.
Any other ideas as to how I can get it out?
Thanks in advance.
Benj

Answer
I understand the problem.  It is a very common type of failure of these type connectors and are easy to repair or replace for a technician -  who works with these kinds of problems on a daily basis.

If you have a repair shop nearby that would be the place to go.  Should not be a very expensive repair as it should only take a few minutes to extract the part and repair or replace what is necessary.  

You may find it necessary to replace the cable or connector since repairing cables is often more expensive than repair.

Cheers.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan