TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/VCR volume not responsive

Question
JVC SRTS1U Professional VCR being used as the TV Tuner with computer monitor connected via S-Video cable as the monitor. I have 2 Roland active monitors for speakers. They are connected to the 2 audio out jacks on the VCR. The Volume buttons on the JVC remote will not adjust the sound. When pressed, I do not see a level indicator or any evidence it is receiving the volume change command. I have to manually adjust using the on-board speaker volume knobs.
JVC remote works fine for watching tapes, and powering off the VCR.
Any ideas why I can't adjust the volume with the remote? Thanks...Rich.

Answer
Can't you connect the speakers to the audio out on the tv?  That way the tv remote would control the  audio level.

Reading the manual on this I notice there is a remote cable that connects to the remote input on a companion receiver.  Don't know if that is related to your issue or not.

But, reading the manual I could find little comment about the function of the audio outputs. So, you may have to experiment with the cables and settings.  Some vcrs require it to be in record mode to make the audio level work....

Hope this helps -

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan