TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/47lc7df

Question
our LG 47in. lcd tv has a vert. line going down the center of the screen. can this be fix.

Answer
It can always be fixed - but  at what cost!

If the cause is a bad display panel then the only repair is to replace the whole panel - which is more expensive than buying a new set.

If the cause is a bad cable or connector problem it maybe just needs some wiggling to make good connection.

If the problem is in the drive electronics that supplies the digital information to the display it could involve replacing one or more of the printed boards.  Moderately expensive.

Conclusion: There are several possible causes.  Why don't you start with wiggling and jiggling the set to see if it is an internal connection related problem.  You might get lucky.

If you do a youtube search you may find some ideas for your set.  It depends greatly on the exact type of vertical line(s) you are getting.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan