TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/47lc7df

our LG 47in. lcd tv has a vert. line going down the center of the screen. can this be fix.

It can always be fixed - but  at what cost!

If the cause is a bad display panel then the only repair is to replace the whole panel - which is more expensive than buying a new set.

If the cause is a bad cable or connector problem it maybe just needs some wiggling to make good connection.

If the problem is in the drive electronics that supplies the digital information to the display it could involve replacing one or more of the printed boards.  Moderately expensive.

Conclusion: There are several possible causes.  Why don't you start with wiggling and jiggling the set to see if it is an internal connection related problem.  You might get lucky.

If you do a youtube search you may find some ideas for your set.  It depends greatly on the exact type of vertical line(s) you are getting.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio