TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/no picture or sound

i have a 46 in. sanyo model dp46849 about 4 years old it had been doing weird things for awhile sometimes it had half the picture upside down and half right side up finialy it just poped and the picture went out still had sound but finialy the sound went out to any idea

One never knows without testing and measuring what is going on with the circuit systems.

My guess is you will need a new main processor board.

A replacement board is $85 to $100 depending on where you purchase it.  Takes an hour or so  to pluck out the old one and put in the new one.

But, still a guess. I give it about 75% the new main board will fix the problem.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio