TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/ProscanPLDED3992A

Question
Initial scan yielded 20+ digital stations. Next day, most stations quit working and subsequent re-scans are yielding only 4 stations. I don't have cable or satellite and am searching for over the air digital channels.  Can I get this TV back to factory presets with no stations listed?

Answer
Yes.
I think the problem may lie with the antenna connection or orientation.  Especially if you are in a fringe area of the signals coming from the broadcaster.

But, the way digital television receiver circuitry and systems work is that if there is insufficient signal during the scan it will not lock into it.  Therefore, you must have a good antenna installation prior to doing the scan.

Therefore, I recommend you try to set the antenna location, orientation and cable between the antenna and the tv as nearly as it was when you orivinally got the 20+ stations.  Then, there is usually a signal strength indicator showing how strong the signal is that you are getting.  With the channels that are showing readjust the antenna for the strongest reception before doing a re-scan for other stations that you have missed.  With a couple of tries you should be able to get the best reception for your area and for the antenna that you are using.

You will find that reception is very sensitive to antenna placement and orientation, I think.

Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan