TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/ProscanPLDED3992A

Initial scan yielded 20+ digital stations. Next day, most stations quit working and subsequent re-scans are yielding only 4 stations. I don't have cable or satellite and am searching for over the air digital channels.  Can I get this TV back to factory presets with no stations listed?

I think the problem may lie with the antenna connection or orientation.  Especially if you are in a fringe area of the signals coming from the broadcaster.

But, the way digital television receiver circuitry and systems work is that if there is insufficient signal during the scan it will not lock into it.  Therefore, you must have a good antenna installation prior to doing the scan.

Therefore, I recommend you try to set the antenna location, orientation and cable between the antenna and the tv as nearly as it was when you orivinally got the 20+ stations.  Then, there is usually a signal strength indicator showing how strong the signal is that you are getting.  With the channels that are showing readjust the antenna for the strongest reception before doing a re-scan for other stations that you have missed.  With a couple of tries you should be able to get the best reception for your area and for the antenna that you are using.

You will find that reception is very sensitive to antenna placement and orientation, I think.

Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio