TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/RCA M50WH74S

Question
Picture will keep going out, blue light in from blinks. Sound is fine

Answer
This set is prone to many failures as are almost all brands of DLP based technology sets.

The blinking light may mean the bulb needs replace. Check your manual for the procedures. If the blue lamp is blinking 5 times I think you may need a new color wheel.

Also, the color wheel is a known point of trouble.  Very expensive to replace.

The ballast board is also known to go out frequently.  You can google for that but they are usually around $40 to $50.

There are other boards this set requires, You can google for them and find most of them easily at various board supply houses. Unfortunately, you will need to have someone troubleshoot the set if you wish to know which circuit element has failed or which board needs replacing.  But, as above, I would start by checking out the lamp.

Best wishes,  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan