TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/rca tv

Question
Hi i have a 42 inch rca model#42pa30rq and every button on remoe is volum and same as the buttons on the tv all make the volume go up and i cant change the channels any suggestions

Answer
First, try a reset. Check your owners manual.  If not specific instructions then reset by unplugging the power cord for at least a few hours or overnight; then power it up again and go through channel scan again.

If the reset does not solve the problem you may need professional help.  Is it still under warranty? If so, contact the warranty officials.

Sometimes strange things happen like this for a simple open contact inside the set at one of the many cable connectors.  So, give it a swat with your hand or fist all around the cabinet to see if the physical vibrations can reactivate such open connections inside the set.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan