TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/STUCK DISK IN DVD PLAYER

Question
I HAVE A TOSHIBA DVD-VCR COMBO. MODEL NUMBER IS SD-14VB.
AFTER INSERTING A DISK TO PLAY, THE DISK COULD NOT BE READ AND THE TRAY WILL NOT OPEN WHEN I PRESS THE EJECT BUTTON, ON THE PLAYER. NOW THE DISK IS STUCK IN THE TRAY. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME.
I CAN'T USE THE PLAYER AT ALL UNTIL I EJECT THE DISK
MANY REGARDS. ALEX.

Answer
Often the disc will automatically release after the set has been turned off and the power cord disconnected from the mains.  See this blog on the subject:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2036282_remove-dvd-player.html

In some players by Toshiba there is a release or reset button hidden out of sight.  This is mostly true of DVD drives used in computers and may not be applicable to your model.  But, look for a very small hole in the front of back of the chassis of the player.  Take a paper clip, straighten it out and gently push it into the little hole.  This will activate a switch or relay that resets the drive mechanism.

In the worst case you may need to remove the covers such that you can get into the mechanism and manually release the grabbing components and release them to allow the disc to eject.

If you search for the subject: "remove disc from dvd player"  you will find some good ideas also.

Cheers.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan