TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Zenith TV-blue splotches

Our Zenith E44W46LCD TV is about 8 years old and we have had to replace the lamp numerous times.  This most recent one was just put in yesterday and now we have blue splotches on the screen.  Place we purchased from said it's not the lamp, could be "polarization" problem.  Just spent $135.00 on the new "all sales final" lamp and can't afford more repair costs or new TV.  Any suggestions as to how to fix these splotches?  Thank you!

This model has a history of the blue lines, dots and such due to failure of the light engine used in the projection technology.

The above will give you an idea of some of the alternatives available to you.  The repairs are tricky and expensive if you have a technical person doing it.

In my opinion the set is obsolete and is not worthy of further expense, frustration and hassle.  The cost of this size has come down dramatically since you first purchased this unit.  The cost of repair just doesn't make sense to keep repairing it.  Sorry for the not so good news.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio