TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/gpxhdt2804dt

how can i hook up my Toshiba 26c100u to the gpx htd2804dt for regular surround sound

In looking at the Toshiba tv it seems there are no audio outputs.  And there are only analog audio inputs on the GPX unit.

1.  Therefore, an audio technician would need to go into the Toshiba and bring out the audio signals and wire up some jacks for cable connections.  Probably not worthy of the cost/expense of doing so.

2.  But, the Toshiba does have digital audio out and an HDMI out. If the GPX had digital audio input or HDMI input you could use either of those but as I look at the specs of the GPX unit I don't find either.  There are adapters that convert digital audio to analog audio that you could maybe find to do the job.  They cost around $50 and you can find them with a google or bing search.

That's it for today.  Sorry, no easy answer for you on this one.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio