TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/R offset

I have an Emerson TV set, model LHD32K20US.  I have had no problems out of it.  I have it connected to a Comcast cable box, so I use the Comcast remote.  When I was using this remote, a setting came up called R Offset.  I did not know what it was, so I kept pushing it.  The screen kept getting red. I figured maybe if I kept pushing the button to 100 it would go back to 0, but it did not.  The buttons are not labeled on the Comcast remote to control the TV, and I do not know how to fix this problem.  I've tried to go into the picture settings to change it but they do not make a difference, and I can't find anything to do with an R Gain or R Offset.  

Please help me, everything looks very sun-burnt!

I have the very same problem and have the owners manual and see no way to change the R setting in it. Please help!!

I have no idea about this. Often remotes have spurious codes that work for some feature in sets they were intended for but produce strange results in other tv products.

My guess, and it is only a guess, the r control is found in the service mode or service code.  I don't have the service mode for Emerson but if you go to you might find that service codes for other tvs will work for the Emerson you have.  Worth a try.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio