TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/RCA Projection HDTV HD52W59

My power light comes on then goes out without a picture, will flash, go out, then flash again and go back out without ever bringing up a picture.  At first I was able to unplug it for 10 minutes and then plug it in and turn it on and it would work great for a few days.  Now it won't come back on and I unplugged it for over 1 hour.  The power button light flashes green three seperate times but the screen never powers up.

We bought it new at Walmart in 2006.  I appreciate any help you may be able to provide!

Well, it is an RCA!  They are not known for reliability!

Could be bad power supply. Could be just about anything.  I vote for a bad convergence board which is a common failure point.  They don't always cause power drop out when they go but they can and is a common cause.

If it were the convergence circuit you can buy a kit for about $40 but the labor for repair time is several hours at the amatuer skill level, sorry to say.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio