TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Samsun HLN617W TV

Question
The television currently has no sound coming out of it. In the last few weeks the sound would come on after several minutes or hours after the television had been turned on. The sound would be preceded by a pulsating noise. But now there is no sound at all just a pulsating noise. Please help.

Thanks, Ernie

Answer
I think it is the voltage regulator circuit in the power supply section that feeds the audio amplifier. You may need to replace the entire power supply board to repair it. However, that is my opinion based on general knowledge; I do not know the topology of this particular set as some sets have separate drive circuits for the audio vs the video sections.

The main power supply board will cost around $100 but I cannot guarantee it will solve your problem.  You may want to find a shop that can troubleshoot the problem for you and give you a certain answer.

Best wishes, hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan