TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Samsun HLN617W TV

The television currently has no sound coming out of it. In the last few weeks the sound would come on after several minutes or hours after the television had been turned on. The sound would be preceded by a pulsating noise. But now there is no sound at all just a pulsating noise. Please help.

Thanks, Ernie

I think it is the voltage regulator circuit in the power supply section that feeds the audio amplifier. You may need to replace the entire power supply board to repair it. However, that is my opinion based on general knowledge; I do not know the topology of this particular set as some sets have separate drive circuits for the audio vs the video sections.

The main power supply board will cost around $100 but I cannot guarantee it will solve your problem.  You may want to find a shop that can troubleshoot the problem for you and give you a certain answer.

Best wishes, hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio