TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sanyo DRW 1000

Question
The eject button for the VCR won't work. The display shows "safe".
Also the the open/close button for the dvd displays "safe" when pushed.  The disc tray will open with the remote. The video cassette will not eject.

Answer
Looks like the controller IC (Integrated Circuit) or some part of it is defective.  It requires an expert to troubleshoot and diagnose what is going on inside.  The cost of professional repair may be more than the worth of the unit.....  as is usually the case with these low cost consumer electronic products.

You might try a reset to see if it will correct the unruly controller system of the unit.  Just unplug the power cord for at least a couple of hours and try it again.  Or you can go through the setup procedure again and see if that will correct it.  The setup procedure is outlined on the owners foldup manual which you can find on retrevo with a google search.

All the best.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan