TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sanyo DRW 1000

The eject button for the VCR won't work. The display shows "safe".
Also the the open/close button for the dvd displays "safe" when pushed.  The disc tray will open with the remote. The video cassette will not eject.

Looks like the controller IC (Integrated Circuit) or some part of it is defective.  It requires an expert to troubleshoot and diagnose what is going on inside.  The cost of professional repair may be more than the worth of the unit.....  as is usually the case with these low cost consumer electronic products.

You might try a reset to see if it will correct the unruly controller system of the unit.  Just unplug the power cord for at least a couple of hours and try it again.  Or you can go through the setup procedure again and see if that will correct it.  The setup procedure is outlined on the owners foldup manual which you can find on retrevo with a google search.

All the best.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio