TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/no sound on certain channels

I have a Toshiba T.V. that just recently I have no sound on certain channels ,The channels that do have sound commercials don't have sound,than comes back on normal when any ideas

With out the model number I am seriously handicapped.

If the set is an older one and has SAP you should go into the menu and turn off the SAP function.

Also, reseting the tv may be necessary.  Most tv owner manuals can be downloaded online with a simple google search.  The resetting procedure and new setup procedures is usually spelled out in detail.  Try that.  Then let me know.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio