TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Toshiba tv

I have a toshiba tv model# 15DLV76
The tv will turn on on its own. If i turn it off it will come on from 30-120 min from turning it off. In order for it to not turn on I have to unplug it

Yipes.  That is annoying.  Suggestion:  At Dollar Tree and Walmart and such places you can find an extension cord that has a push button in the cord for foot operation or hand push.  Use that to keep the set OFF when you really want it off.  Then for viewing you can just fire it up with your foot or pushing the button.

Repair might require a new printed board be installed in the set which is much more costly than can be justified, I think.

Hope this helps.

PS:  Make sure your sleep settings and other menu items are set correctly, too...  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio