TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Wi-fi connection between Laptop and Panasonic TV

Hi cleggsan ,  

Iíve just bought a Panasonic TH-P50ST50A TV and I would like to connect my laptop to it via wi-fi  so that I can use the screen as a monitor. The PC is a Toshiba i7 Satellite L750 and it is a wi-fi network.  Everything works well except connecting the PC to the TV.  The TV network connection test checks out ok and the TV connects to the web using Panasonicís Viera link.

I have googled my question and have found two possible solutions - connect via HDMI or select wi-fi mode on the TV.  I donít want a cable connection but I canít find how to select wi-fi  on the TV. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Why do you need a network?  The laptop should have a monitor connector that with a supplied cable will connect to the monitor connection on the tv.  But the Viera link should work as well if it is data compatible with the wi-fi link of the laptop.

I don't have the owners manual for the TH-P50ST50A so I cannot check in detail.  See the comments about the smart connections of this tv at:

Best wishes.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio