TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/highe pitched noise

Question
My 3 to 4 yr old 55" LCD HD LG TV has developed a high pitched squeal. It's connected to a Direct TV HD receiver. In the 1 sec. or less that it takes to go from one channel to another the squeal stops. Any thoughts on what is going on ?   thanks

Answer
It would be necessary to find out from whence the squeal is coming.   If out of the loudspeakers then it should go down in audible level when the volume is reduced.  If that is the case then it is related to the audio board in the set, probably. If the squeal is independent of the audio and is not coming out of the speakers then with your ear and moving around the set you should be able to tell what part of the tv is emitting  the noise.  It could be coming from the power supply board which usually has a switching type circuit inside that can do this.  A power supply board is usually around $50 to $100 depending on the model number.

Hope that will help.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan