TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/highe pitched noise

My 3 to 4 yr old 55" LCD HD LG TV has developed a high pitched squeal. It's connected to a Direct TV HD receiver. In the 1 sec. or less that it takes to go from one channel to another the squeal stops. Any thoughts on what is going on ?   thanks

It would be necessary to find out from whence the squeal is coming.   If out of the loudspeakers then it should go down in audible level when the volume is reduced.  If that is the case then it is related to the audio board in the set, probably. If the squeal is independent of the audio and is not coming out of the speakers then with your ear and moving around the set you should be able to tell what part of the tv is emitting  the noise.  It could be coming from the power supply board which usually has a switching type circuit inside that can do this.  A power supply board is usually around $50 to $100 depending on the model number.

Hope that will help.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio