TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/LG TV - Flatron - 2006 - Pic fading

Question

Progressively the brightness of the picture reduces and the screen becomes very dark. When I switch off the TV and switch it on again the brightness of the picture becomes normal. But after a while - withing 20 mins - the picture starts fading again.

Is this a major problem? I am in Chennai, India.

Should I fix this or buy a new one.

Thanks for your time.
Raja

Answer
Without a model number I cannot look up the technology of the set.  In any case, the symptoms you describe are usually either a bad power supply or bad display device, either of which are quite expensive. If the Flatron is getting older you should replace it as the repairs are not worthy vs the value of the set.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan