TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/misubishi tv

Question
i have a mitsubishi vs4506r tv i think the transformer is bad can i replace it myself has little work history on tv/s

Answer
If you have the right replacement transformer it would be exact wire for wire replacement.  

But, it is rare that a transformer in a tv would fail. Most often it is the electrolytic capacitors in the power supply circuit that place shorted conditions on the transformer making one think the transformer has failed.  And, when lytics go short they often blow a fuse or give some indication of over current conditions.  So, check it out carefully.

It is an old set and not worthy of a big investment. If you can find the transformer replacement it may cost more money than buying a new set.  Last time I priced a tv power transformer of the kind you are needing it was over $200.  But, manufacturers rarely support parts replacements beyond 6 to 8 years.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan