TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/new lamp and still not workin

Question
I just bought a brand new.lamp for my hitachi 50vs69a model.  I installed the lamp in the back and screwed everything up.  I turn the tv on and it blinks blue like six times then lights,alll three in order on the front.  Then after sever times it stops and just the red lamp light stays on.  I still have a black screen and really want to fix this tv!

Answer
First, did you acquire the exact replacement bulb?  It must be the right one as some of the replacements do not have the correct electrical characteristics and cause the light current to be too high or too low and that can cause the front panel lights to blink.

Also, there is some problem with the installation of the replacement lamp not getting seated properly and the door when closed not causing the safety switch to close. Check the lamp installation carefully and make sure the new lamp is seated properly and the door is closed squarely and tight.

Thirdly, there is a possibility the fan motor is overloaded caused by dust getting built up inside causing the fan to slow down.  That requires cleaning of the air flow around the fan and areas where dust and dirt may have built up.

In the worst case it could be the lamp engine in failure mode.  This requires technical service and is very expensive to replace but sometimes they can be repaired.

Hope this helps.  Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan