TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/RCA Flat Panel HDTV L40FHD4l/L42FHD37R/L46FHD437R

This tv will  turn on with or without remote one time out of 20.  It is a 50 inch tv.  Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

My first guess would be a defective power supply.  A new board for your model is around $50 from places like or other online suppliers.

I doubt if it is the power switching but not impossible.

Have you checked the owners manual on replacing the lamp?

And, it could be something else all together.

Let me suggest you google for "how to repair LCD tv" and read through some of the sites and watch a couple of youtubes for ideas on what might be worth trying.  OR:  You can lug it into a repair shop.

Unfortunately, RCA brand are, in my opinion, quite troublesome and often better replaced when they fail.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio