TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sony Television not powering on

i have a sony fd trinitron wega 32 inch television model no KV-32F S120 Serial number 4312401 when i try to turn on this television set i hear a clicking sound as if it is coming on but it does not and the standby timer (power) light flashes 4 times

Go to google and look up Sony tv flashing codes  -  - such as this one:

where you will find the 4 flashes suggests:

"Four blinks - No vertical Deflection (V STOP), Screen goes to a single horizontal line then the video signal muted. Check IC1509, Q1505"

The above implies a failure of the vertical deflection amplifier.  The transistors may need to be replaced in your set.  It could also be due to a failure in the power supply line that feeds the vertical deflection amplifier.  If you are not experienced as a tv tech you should have a trained expert do the repairs.  But, be warned the repair cost may be more than the sets worth.  What is the sets worth?  This model, being so old is not worth much even if it was working perfectly, sorry to say....

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio