TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sony Television not powering on

Question
i have a sony fd trinitron wega 32 inch television model no KV-32F S120 Serial number 4312401 when i try to turn on this television set i hear a clicking sound as if it is coming on but it does not and the standby timer (power) light flashes 4 times

Answer
Go to google and look up Sony tv flashing codes  -  - such as this one:

http://www.techlore.com/article/15444/Understanding-Sony-Television-Blinking-Cod

where you will find the 4 flashes suggests:

"Four blinks - No vertical Deflection (V STOP), Screen goes to a single horizontal line then the video signal muted. Check IC1509, Q1505"

The above implies a failure of the vertical deflection amplifier.  The transistors may need to be replaced in your set.  It could also be due to a failure in the power supply line that feeds the vertical deflection amplifier.  If you are not experienced as a tv tech you should have a trained expert do the repairs.  But, be warned the repair cost may be more than the sets worth.  What is the sets worth?  This model, being so old is not worth much even if it was working perfectly, sorry to say....

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan