TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/technics su v303

my technics su v 303 output transisters  (a1264 & c3181) were shorted and i replaced with the same.  After working for 5 hours the amp gone into standby mode. on computer drive display, thermal LED not flashing. Please help me in this regard and also suggest the equivalents for the above transisters. And also suggest me whether the computer drive, thermal sensor, protection circuit be disconnected so as to use only amp section. Please kindly help me Sir.

Did you properly grease the transistor replacements when installing them?  It requires very careful silicon heat grease to make certain there is good transfer of heat to the heat sinks once in operation again.  Please check that first as the transistors will heat quickly and burn out if not able to keep the case temperature down to prevent thermal breakdown inside the transistor junctions.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio