TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/40 Toshiba TV Model 40RV52U

Question
I have a 40" Toshiba TV that whenever you turn it off, it loses it's channel programming, and goes back to the initial setup mode (i.e. Language,Home or retail,etc.). It started doing this only occasionally, but now it happens every time we turn the TV off.  I have tried resetting the software and unplugging it for a few minutes, and that has failed to fix the problem.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Answer
Maybe this model has a backup battery inside that has gone dead?

Are you turning off the power outlet circuit when you turn off the tv?  The set needs power even when turned off.

Make sure when you do turn the set off that it is in regular channel mode and a tv is running.

If the above does not help you may need service to replace the system processor circuit.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan