TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/40 Toshiba TV Model 40RV52U

I have a 40" Toshiba TV that whenever you turn it off, it loses it's channel programming, and goes back to the initial setup mode (i.e. Language,Home or retail,etc.). It started doing this only occasionally, but now it happens every time we turn the TV off.  I have tried resetting the software and unplugging it for a few minutes, and that has failed to fix the problem.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Maybe this model has a backup battery inside that has gone dead?

Are you turning off the power outlet circuit when you turn off the tv?  The set needs power even when turned off.

Make sure when you do turn the set off that it is in regular channel mode and a tv is running.

If the above does not help you may need service to replace the system processor circuit.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio