TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Dark side on TV

I have a 42 inch  Sanyo  tv with a light dark shade going from top t o bottom on the right side, is this worth getting repaired ? Thanks

Without more symptoms and/or an image of what the display is showing I can only guess.

But, my first guess is the display/screen is defective or the display driver circuitry is bad. In either case the repairs would be quite expensive.   A new display/screen would cost more than the price of a new set!

Surprising there are quite a number of consumers who have fixed screen failures like yours as shown in this crazy youtube repair procedure.  I am not recommending it; just letting you know there are some sets that get fixed with this way-out procedure.

Good Luck!  Hope you get it cured.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio