TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Dark side on TV

Question
I have a 42 inch  Sanyo  tv with a light dark shade going from top t o bottom on the right side, is this worth getting repaired ? Thanks

Answer
Without more symptoms and/or an image of what the display is showing I can only guess.

But, my first guess is the display/screen is defective or the display driver circuitry is bad. In either case the repairs would be quite expensive.   A new display/screen would cost more than the price of a new set!

Surprising there are quite a number of consumers who have fixed screen failures like yours as shown in this crazy youtube repair procedure.  I am not recommending it; just letting you know there are some sets that get fixed with this way-out procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfGYwjtpAuY

Good Luck!  Hope you get it cured.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan