TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Samsung DLP noise

Question
Hi, I asked this question before but am still confused as to what to replace. Sometimes when I try to turn on TV, the picture wont come up..all I hear is the color wheel picking up speed then slowing down...up down up down..( my lamp and fan lights are blinking)and it takes 3-5 minutes to get the TV to turn off. It's been suggested that the bulb is bad..but 90% of the time, it works perfectly with no whining and bright picture. From my experience, once a bulb is bad..it's stays bad. I don't want to start replacing the cheaper items (bulb, color wheel) just to find out that the board is bad. It's more expensive than replacing the TV.

Answer
From long distance it gives me a difficult time to trouble shoot!  But, it could be a bad lamp as some generic lamps have different electrical characteristics even tho the manufacturer claims otherwise.  So, if the lamp in the set now is a generic rather than the exact Samsung has recommended the the bulb replacement may be the solution.

But if not, you better get a professional tech to look at it as I am not confident without seeing the set and doing some testing.  Sorry, but these things are really complicated.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan