TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/hitachi 53FDX01B PROJECTION TV

Question
the red power light comes on but projection lights or anything else doe'st come
on my hitachi 53FDX01B PROJECTION TV.
I took the back panel off and I can here a click when I turn it on and the power light comes but nothing else. Happened after power went out.
I can here a click when I turn it on and the DEF power supply led DP37 (red) comes on.
Then I can here a slight tick and it (the DEF power supply led DP37 (red)) goes off.
I've tried turning it on with power switch and remote with no success.
I've unplugged the power from the wall outlet for 30 min. and plugged it back in

Answer
Look here:

http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/53sdx01b/

I am not saying this is the problem with your set but convergence circuitry failure is one of the most common failures and while mostly it is exhibited with a distorted picture if the two chips short down it can shut down the set.

But it could also be a failure of the main power supply system.

Without testing I cannot say for sure.

If you google you might find a service manual for free download which can explain the LED sequence for diagnosing further the probably cause. Otherwise they cost about $10.00 each.

Hope this helps you get it going again.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan