TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/LG 42

Question
QUESTION: I am working on a 42" LG plasma TV that shuts off seconds after turning on. A check of the Va and Vs shows they do not completely power up fully before turn off. When Y-sustain is disconnected TV powers up normally with normal Vs and Va and audio is heard. I reconnected y-sustain and disconnected z-sustain and y driver pcb's but TV would still turn back off. I replaced the y-sustain and have the same problem. Disconnected panel cables from y driver board and still same problem. Checked for shorts on driver board but found nothing. What is your opinion on what could be wrong? Thanks

ANSWER: what is your model number?

Allan

QUESTION: Sorry, I am working on a 42PG20

Answer
very odd problem you are having here for this model.
1. are the VS and VA normal voltages with the y-sus unhooked?
2. where did you get your y-sus? just wondering if it was used and you got a bad one?

also maybe the power supply does not have enough current and when the y-sustain is hooked up it loads the power supply down...

let me know?

Allan

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Allan Wainwright