TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Samsung TV LN R238W

We lost sound on only 11 channels Picture is good

11 channels may be the analog channels.  Have you looked at that?  Are you on cable?  It may be the cable company is no longer sending analog complete.  Comcast, for example, in some of their territories have stopped sending analog signals all together and you must have set top box if you are using an analog set....  

Of course, it is possible, but not likely, the set is defective.

So, check out the cable company signal.  Do a reset and rescan of the channels and see if that will help.

Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio