TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/SDV296KU VCR-Video Output

Question

First time connecting up Toshiba SDV296KU DVD/VCR

Connections:
  Output DVD/VCR Audio (Red & White)  TO TV Audio IN
  Video: DVD/VCR Video (Yellow)  TO TV Video IN
Symtoms:
  In DVD Mode everything works Audio & Video
  In VCR Mode ONLY AUDIO WORKS  - NO VIDEO

Have I missed a setting or something in the setup sequence?

Thanks
Herb

Answer
So, it looks as though you are using the composite connection; yellow/video and red/white/audio connections.  But, make sure you have the video in and out connected to the correct plug.  For example your model has two composite inputs and if the audio cables (red and white) were going to input 1 and the video was going to input 2 on the tv you would not be getting video!

So, first thing is to double check the connections between the dvd/vcr and the tv.

Secondly try using the Svideo connection to your tv.

And, if the tape you are watching is protected it may not trigger the video playback electronics so try a different tape or two to make sure.  

Finally, check your manual; it is very comprehensive albeit rather confusing to read and understand due to the complexity of this model (Toshiba makes really good stuff, btw.)

Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan