TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/No sound

I just bought my sceptre TV on 2/18/2013 and there is no sound coming out

Without the model number it is impossible for me to know what the technology of the set may be.

So, let me guess a few things for you to check.

- Go to the menu and make sure the settings have audio on.
- If you have speakers separate or you are going through an external amp/speakers, check those connections; make sure the amp is working and the speakers are wired properly.
- If you are using a universal remote it may not operate the audio volume control.  Try using the audio buttons on the tv to see if it will bring up the audio.
- If the set is an older model it may have SAP which needs to be disabled.
- Make sure the mute function is OFF.

In the last case the audio amplifier inside the tv may be defective in which case the best strategy is to return the set to the retail store where it was purchased.

If you need more, please send me a follow up question, and include the model number.....

Best wishes.  Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio