TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/dvd

i have a magnavox dvd player which i connect to my old goldstar tv, i have also gotten  one of those electrical box it said i may need but i cant get it to work on tv. the dvd seems to start,remote works but it dont show up on tv. yes, tv works. any suggestions on where connection  may be bad...thanks

Not sure what you have; let me guess.  The old Goldstar tv does not have a/v inputs and the dvd player has only a/v outputs?  Is that the problem?  So, you bot a rf box that takes the a/v output from  the dvd player and converts it to rf channel 3 on the tv?

If the above scenario is correct you need to make sure the system is wired up correctly. The box needs to be powered, of course and the output cables (yellow, red and white) must be connected into the box.  The box should have an output that will feed into the tv via a coax cable.

Hope this helps; if I did not understand your dilemma correctly please send me a followup question with the model numbers of your tv, the dvd player and the 'box' that you are using.

All the best.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio