TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/GE 35'' TV MODEL # 35GT740

Question
THIS IS AN OLDER TV AND HAS THE GUIDE PLUS FEATURE. I BOUGHT THIS TV USED ABOUT 4 YRS. AGO AND WHEN I CONNECTED IT UP TO MY CABLE I HAD THE GUIDE PLUS FEATURE. I STILL HAVE THE SAME CABLE AND NOTHING HAS BEEN CHANGED BUT I NO LONGER HAVE THE GUIDE PLUS FEATURE. WHEN I GO TO USE IT IT JUST SAYS NO DATA FOR THIS SCREEN. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO GET THIS FEATURE BACK. I HAVE TRIED GOING THROUGH THE SET UP PROCESS FROM THE START SEVERAL TIMES WITHOUT ANY CHANGE. THANK YOU. CHARLIE

Answer
I don't think any of the cable companies support this feature any longer.  The guide plus requires, as I recall, for you to enter your zip code where after the data for your area is accessed.  This feature was originally owned by GE but they sold it to another operating company and I don't think it is in operation any longer.  See this comment:

http://www.ehow.com/how_12226528_ge-guide-plus-gemstar-instructions.html

You can go to Rovi pages and see what you can find:

http://www.rovicorp.com/jsp/model.jsp

Best wishes.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan