TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/No Sound

Question
have a 42 inch Vizio, model # E421VO, searl # LAUKIFEN 1201428.

The proplem I am having, the cable company hooked up a hdmi cable to my tv. Sometimes when I switch to a HD channel I get no sound. The Tv freezes up with a black screen. I have to unplug the tv and plug it back in to get the tv to work. Could you tell me what could be wrong?

Answer
this is a known issue. it is the box not working with the tv. you need to go into the cable box setup menu and change the audio output setting to stereo or PCM. this will fix your issue. if you cannot find this setting call your cable company.

Allan

let me know if i can help further.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Allan Wainwright