TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/tv ears won't work on my 2012 sony bravia hd tv

Question
QUESTION: I HAVE ONE AUDIO OUT PORT ON THE TV AND I GET NO SOUND EXCEPT HUMMING ON THE WIRELESS HEADPHONES(The TV ear set is brand new. DO I NEED SOME SORT OF ADAPTER FOR THIS TV IN ORDER TO GET AUDIO TRANSMITTED TO THE WIRELESS TV headphones?

ANSWER: Assume you are getting good video?

Do you have the transmitter connected to the audio output of the tv?  Wireless headphones, obviously, need a transmitter to broadcast the rf modulated signal.

If you have questions further please send followup question to me but give me the model number of the tv and the headphones so I can know the technology of your system.  Tks.

Hoping this will help.

QUESTION: Thank you for your reply. I did connect the transmitter of the tv ears  to the audio out port of the 2012 Sony Bravia hd tv. The model number=KDL50EX645. The tv ears were tested at Radio Shack and worked with a TV there.

Thanks again.

Answer
The transmitter must be connected to the tv audio output.  

So, first, check the audio outputs have audio coming from them.  You can test by connecting to an external amplifier or a portable audio device.

Your set does not have RCA audio outs; only the 3.5mm jack.  Therefore you must connect via that output.  It may take a special cord going from the 3.5mm to RCAs if the transmitter requires RCA inputs.....

The only Radio Shack wireless I know has only RCA audio inputs.  Therefore, you would need an adaptor or a cord that will go from the 3.5mm output on the tv to the RCA inputs on the transmitter.

Finally, you must check the menu to make sure the audio feed to the external output is not shut off.  You can check the tv manual on the proper settings for listening to headphone outs.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan