TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/TV and Soundbar Setup

Question
I have a new Samsung 46 inch LED TV series 6100 and a Samsung crystal surround air track sound bar HW-E450. Can I connect a soundbar to the TV using only 1 HDMI cable? Both devises support ARC. I have the HDMI cable plugged into the back of the TV in port number 2, with the ARC logo, running into the back of the soundbar. I have no sound out of the TV or the sound bar when the soundbar is turned on and switch to the HDMI setting. I've tried plugging the HDMI cable into the IN and OUT port on the soundbar. Do I need to buy an audio receiver for this to work? Or can I just use the 1 HDMI cable? Thank you for the help.

Answer
The HW-E450 is a powered system; i.e., there are built in amplifiers.  It requires a digital audio connection between the tv and the soundbar.  HDMI connections are for video.

I believe the HW-E450 comes with optical cable but if not you must purchase one.

This should get you going. If not, please check your owners manuals wherein they usually show diagrams of the connection pattern.

Best wishes. Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan