TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/TV trouble

Question
I have a Mitsubishi DLP model# WD-65734 purchased in 2008.When 1st turned on I get sound and no picture and then sound goes off and constant red light is on.  It seems that the Lamp needs replacing. Am I correct?
If so, can I just replace the Lamp alone, or must I purchase the lamp and Housing together?
If just Lamp alone, is Electrified.com a reliable company? Theiir Bulb price is so much cheaper than other .coms.

Answer
high odds are this is a bad lamp. it is easy to change and you can buy just the lamp and put it in your housing. electrified.com is a great company and i looked and your lamp is only 34.00 with housing. this would be easier to just buy it and slide the whole housing into your tv.

http://www.electrified.com/p-36-mitsubishi-915p061010-e-series-replacement-lamp.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Allan Wainwright