TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/32"RCA TV No picture

Question
Bought in January 2013. Was working fine then horizontal lines appeared but still had sound. Turned the set off and when turned back on I had no picture but still have sound. Unplugged the set for 5 min but that didn't work either.
Model number RLDED 3258A (does not match any model numbers from RCA.ca website.

Answer
Your set should still be in warranty.  Have you checked with them?

The picture producing circuits have probably failed meaning it may need a new printed circuit board installed. If so, they usually cost around $100 USD.

But, I would not purchase a new board until you have contacted the manufacturer and asked them about warranty service.  There are other possibilities  as well  - such as a bad display unit, bad cable between the board and the display, etc.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan