TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/RCA P52813BL TV

Question
My Big Screen TV lost it's volume. All i hear is static and as I turn up the volume  it does increase in sound but the cable is on but no sound. i verified that it was not the cable by checking the other TV's in the house with the sane channel and they worked. I checked the setup to make sure nothing has been changed. Is this something internal in the TV and what is it that needs to be replaced or checked?

Answer
I suppose something in the audio chain has failed.  It could be a defective audio detector or the main IC; could be the audio output amplifier.  There are several circuitry locations that would need to be tested.  

It requires testing by a trained technician with voltmeter or oscilloscope to check the audio stages.  Repair probably requires replacement of an IC or bad capacitor or audio output transistor.  If both speakers have static it is most likely a problem of the detector or IC stage.  If only one speaker has static it is most likely a bad amplifier output problem in that channel.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan