TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/RCA P52813BL TV

My Big Screen TV lost it's volume. All i hear is static and as I turn up the volume  it does increase in sound but the cable is on but no sound. i verified that it was not the cable by checking the other TV's in the house with the sane channel and they worked. I checked the setup to make sure nothing has been changed. Is this something internal in the TV and what is it that needs to be replaced or checked?

I suppose something in the audio chain has failed.  It could be a defective audio detector or the main IC; could be the audio output amplifier.  There are several circuitry locations that would need to be tested.  

It requires testing by a trained technician with voltmeter or oscilloscope to check the audio stages.  Repair probably requires replacement of an IC or bad capacitor or audio output transistor.  If both speakers have static it is most likely a problem of the detector or IC stage.  If only one speaker has static it is most likely a bad amplifier output problem in that channel.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio