TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/RCA TV after power outage

Question
My in-laws TV 32 inch HDTV recently had a power outage and when they are trying to set it back up get they get to the language select option and none of the remote buttons seem to activate the selection (Enter, arrow keys etc)  are they missing a step?

Answer
You should try again.

If still no setup try unplugging the power cord for a few hours.  This will discharge all the internal voltages allowing the memory cells to restore to factory settings.

If the remote is not the original unit that came with the set that may be the problem.  You may have to try other codes listed for that remote.

And, the language setting is merely for the menu. It is not necessary when just viewing programs - unless the user is annoyed with the language that comes up when changing channels or settings. etc.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan