TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/sound and no picture

Question
QUESTION: hi,
i own the 7" digital labs portable lcd tv - model dt191sa and just recently when i turn it on, i get great sound but the picture stays black! any suggestions?

ANSWER: Have you tried a reset?  You can do it by unplugging the power cord for a few hours then turning it back on.

Secondly, sometimes an intermittent connection inside the set will act up and stop the voltage feed to the video processing board. Just give the set a jiggle or light tap with your hand or fist to see if that will activate the picture.

In the worst case it will need service.  It may necessitate replacing the main board inside.  Cost is typically around $50 to $70 for the part!  Also, I found used sets on eBay for around $35 to $40.

Hope this helps.

QUESTION: Thanx, i'll try those. if they don't work, where do i go for service?

Answer
BestBuy was selling this unit for some time in the past. Don't know if they have service or not but you should try the Geek Squad which is the service arm of BestBuy.

Also, Toys R Us had a sale on this model a few months ago for $29.95 new. You might try them.

Amazon has stopped listing it but you could see if they have it on backorder basis.

Sorry, but I think the distributor has gone out of business.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan