TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/sound and no picture

i own the 7" digital labs portable lcd tv - model dt191sa and just recently when i turn it on, i get great sound but the picture stays black! any suggestions?

ANSWER: Have you tried a reset?  You can do it by unplugging the power cord for a few hours then turning it back on.

Secondly, sometimes an intermittent connection inside the set will act up and stop the voltage feed to the video processing board. Just give the set a jiggle or light tap with your hand or fist to see if that will activate the picture.

In the worst case it will need service.  It may necessitate replacing the main board inside.  Cost is typically around $50 to $70 for the part!  Also, I found used sets on eBay for around $35 to $40.

Hope this helps.

QUESTION: Thanx, i'll try those. if they don't work, where do i go for service?

BestBuy was selling this unit for some time in the past. Don't know if they have service or not but you should try the Geek Squad which is the service arm of BestBuy.

Also, Toys R Us had a sale on this model a few months ago for $29.95 new. You might try them.

Amazon has stopped listing it but you could see if they have it on backorder basis.

Sorry, but I think the distributor has gone out of business.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio