TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Www expert.com

Question
I have a hitachi model65F59A. Every time I turn da tv on it sends sparked in the back of da tv. The tv does not come on. Can u tell me what could be wrong with my tv. 2006

Answer
It is most likely the high voltage in  trouble and causing the sparks.  Normal operation requires the high voltage to the projection tubes to reach around 20,000 volts.

Arcing can be caused by too much humidity in the room (or moisture) or improper routing of the high voltage lines inside the set or defective horizontal deflection amplifier (which feeds the high voltage generator).

If you are electronically gifted you could open up the set and examine for the location of the arcing/burn spots and try to determine what might be the cause.

If you are electronically challenged you will need to have a technician come in and take a look at it.

Unfortunately, this is a very old set and the crt type designs are going obsolete.  The repair cost could be too expensive for the declining value of the set.

Hope this helps.

PS: If you remove the back panel for examination of the arcing you should let the set sit idle for at least 12 hours in order to discharge the high voltages in and around the HV cage.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan