TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/convergence not in set up minue

Question
modle D52W26
SERIAL G103CN0DY
CHASSIS ITC222

I USE TO BE ABLE TO AUTO ADJUST CONVERGENCE IN SET UP MENU BUT IT IS NO LONGER THERE
THE PICTURE HAS A FISH EYE ALSO
THIS IS THE WORSE I SEEN THE SCREEN SO IS THE FISH EYE AND INDICATION THAT THE TV IS GONE AND WHY THE CONVERGENCE IS NOT THERE ANYMORE

Answer
Those conditions are usually an indication that the convergence circuitry has failed.  It means a repair is in order. I calls for the convergence IC and some other parts to be replaced. It is quite a common failure in all RPTV sets.

If you have a repair technician do the job it will cost around $300.  Some shops will do it for less.

If you wish to do the repair by yourself as a DIY project you can purchase the repair kit and instructions online. Here is one such supplier of a repair kit for your model:

http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/rca-hd52w26-d52w26-convergence-repair-kit.html

The cost is around $40 USD and takes about 2 to 3 hours of your time  - depending on your skill to follow the instructions

Hope this helps.  Sorry for the bad news.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan