TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/no picture

Good morning,I was given sceptre t.v.,it was working fine.
A few days ago I go to turn it on and nothing,just a black screen.
I unplugged it tried again and still the black themoment I have it unplugged.
The model is a x322x3220bv.

Is sound ok?  If so, it may need replacement of the main board.  They cost over $50 and require a little electronics experience to install.  You can usually find them on or such places.

If no sound it is probably the main power supply that has failed.  Power supply board assembly is about the same price.

In order to know for sure you should have a technician do some testing to confirm where the trouble lies.  For example, if sound is okey an picture is totally dark it could be a bad display or the display drivers/connectors rather than the processing board.

Best wishes.

PS: This series of models by Sceptre are not highly rated. I would think twice before spending $$$ on it.  Prices have come way down on this size lately and it may be a better investment to go for a new one.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio