TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/no picture

Question
Good morning,I was given sceptre t.v.,it was working fine.
A few days ago I go to turn it on and nothing,just a black screen.
I unplugged it tried again and still the black screen.at themoment I have it unplugged.
The model is a x322x3220bv.

Answer
Is sound ok?  If so, it may need replacement of the main board.  They cost over $50 and require a little electronics experience to install.  You can usually find them on shopjimmy.com or such places.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sceptre-1b1k0401-main-board-for-x322bv-hd.htm

If no sound it is probably the main power supply that has failed.  Power supply board assembly is about the same price.

In order to know for sure you should have a technician do some testing to confirm where the trouble lies.  For example, if sound is okey an picture is totally dark it could be a bad display or the display drivers/connectors rather than the processing board.

Best wishes.

PS: This series of models by Sceptre are not highly rated. I would think twice before spending $$$ on it.  Prices have come way down on this size lately and it may be a better investment to go for a new one.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan